Appendix II: Listing of duties of Chief, Division of Animal Industry
Iowa Official Register Archive, 1949-1950
Division of Animal Industry, Dr. H. U. Garrett, Chief
Duties of this division:
- Enforcement of the laws and regulations governing the control and eradication of animal diseases.
- The importation of livestock.
- The approving of health certificates for interstate shipments.
- Issuing permits for the sale and distribution of anti-hog cholera serum and virus.
- Approving requests and securing reports of swine erysipelas vaccine.
- Licensing inspection and supervision of livestock sale barns.
- Licensing and inspection of rendering plants.
- Enforcement of the stallion registration law.
- Lay permits for farmer vaccination of hogs.
- Giving annual examinations and licensing veterinarians.
- Issuing permits for the importation of livestock under quarantine.
- Cooperating with the United States Bureau of Animal Industry for the eradication of tuberculosis in animals.
- The state-federal program for the control and eradication of brucellosis.
- Control of private tests for tuberculosis and brucellosis at the expense of the owner.
- Quarantine regulations to control contagious diseases.